Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daily Show & Colbert Report Mock Debate, or How I Support the Writers

With the WGA Strike coming to an end (*fingers crossed*) in the next couple of days, we can start to look "fondly" on these dark hours, and this Colbert/Daily Show clip is a moment of sheer brilliance that captured what the 'issues' were all about.
If you haven't already seen it already, you should.



Favourite Part:
Content producers produce content. Studios distribute that content. Now, when you impose a Hegelian dialect upon the current labour situation what you wind up with is, say, a floating signifier representing a contract, in which the contract is a sort of 'panopticon' and by 'panopticon' I mean Foucault's conception of the 'panopticon' of course, not Bentham's idea... I guess what I'm trying to say is: "I went to Cambridge."

No comments: