Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pixar's Shorts or How Everything I Know I Learnt from Animation

Okay, so I am a PIXAR nut, sue me, okay? I already devoted a hilarious (if I say so myself) post to what I learnt from PIXAR's full-length motion pictures, but have any of you seen all the shorts? They are equally fantastic (duh!) and so I decided to showcase them (cause you SHOULD be looking out for each of 'em) and see what they can teach all of us.

Catch: I reduced it to one lesson per short.

(Oh, and if you're looking for the shorts based on the films, I decided they could wait - and also, you're already aware of those so...)





Everything I Know I Learnt from Animation - Pixar Shorts Edition

The Adventures of Andre and Wally B
3D Animation has come a loooong way.

Luxo Jr
Bigger balls are more fun to play with... BEACH balls people, c'mon!

Red's Dream
Clowns are scary.

Tin Toy
Babies are scarier!

Knick Knack
Souvenirs are only acceptable in PIXAR shorts, not in your home.

Geri's Game
Old people are easily entertained: they don't even need chess partners!

For The Birds
Being different is hard. So if you're tall and lanky and wear feathers, well, I'll be making fun of you with the rest of the bird-gang.

Boundin'
In the American imagination, even their mythological characters are plush toys.

One Man Band
Children should never be trusted with money.

Lifted
Fat, ugly supervisors with no facial expressions and a clipboard are hell to work with/for.

Presto
Don't piss off bunnies (see also Bugs Bunny).


Partly Cloudy
Animal babies are cute. Though of course puppies are cuter than baby alligators.

2 comments:

DEZMOND said...

I can't decide which of these animations is cuter :)

Anonymous said...

i think one man was is the best..i just loved it and i keep watchn ths clip lyk an addict..awww its so cuteeeeeeeeeeee <3