Sunday, April 6, 2008

4 Minutes to Save the Frakking World, or How Life is Good!

Madonna and JT saving the world in what has become my favourite video of the year
AND 
Starbuck coming back, a shaven Baltar and the rest of the BSG crew back... all in one weekend?! 
Nice.

Re: Madonna's 4 Minutes video. Random Thoughts Edition.
I love the choreography (especially the grocery store/moving conveyor belt bit) so much I can only try and do it justice with my half-haphazard attempts at emulating it in front of my laptop screen.
I know I'm echoing pretty much everyone alive when I say this but: what the heck do I need to do to look as good as Madonna does?
Is it me or was anyone else reminded of that other Madonna-late 90s/early 00s icon video (Me Against the Music)? Maybe it's just the intricate labyrinthian feel to it, as well as its emphasis on choreography and sexual tension... or maybe I'm just insane.
How does Mariah Carey have more Billboard #1s than Madonna? THAT was actually my recurring thought as I kept watching this video - mainly because I kept comparing it to Touch My Body... no comparison. Full Stop.

Re: The Return of Battlestar Galactica. Random Thoughts Edition.
Is anyone left who doesn't feel that this is indeed, one of TV's finest?
I'm so happy Baltar got the shaven treatment - as I see as this season's 'Let's get Jamie back to being thin' decision. And I applaud it.
Starbuck vs Roslin? I would not want to be in the middle of that confrontation. Too bad we didn't get to see that in an Unfinished Busines-style boxing match...
Welcome Back! I missed you guys! - with a gleeful smile, what was on my mind through the entire episode.

2 comments:

Vance said...

4 Minutes is growing on me (but usually Timbaland/JT ones always do).

Why isn't JT in tights like Madonna?

POP COLONY said...

The scene where they're jumping on the cars reminds me of Next. Sadly that's not a bad thing.