Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pop Music, Post Human, or How It's all Po-Mo Ho-Mo to me!

I know I joked about how Rihanna is the Post-Human version of Beyonce in an earlier post... but as some commentators mentioned, she's just the result of Pop Music. Which led me to ask:

Is Pop Music inherently Post-Human?

Janet needs feedback and goes all Haraway on us:


Britney breaks the ice invoking animation (my favourite brand of trans/post-humanism):

Madonna saves the world (because yes, Ecological and Environmental issues are post-human!):

And we could go back to the early '00s:

Vintage Pop Diva Po-Hu moment - Kylie comes (and clones) into your world (Gondry-style!):


Vintage Boy Band Po-Hu moment - BSB are larger than life (cyborgs anyone?):

Discuss.

2 comments:

POP COLONY said...

What more is there to discuss about the soundtrack to my life?

Russ said...

It helps their songs feel different and fresh?! Or at least, isn't that the aim?