Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Rather Difficult Font Game, or How, Yes, I'm a Geek in more ways than one...

I love fonts. Anyone who's seen any of my posters, my handouts - heck! even any of my academic papers, knows that I love fooling around with fonts. I think of it as dressing up letters in different outfits: would you wear the same thing to a Middlemarch paper than you would to an End of Year Potluck poster? Exactly.

Which is why I kind of had a fangasm when I encountered (don't ask why... I just randomly got there, okay?) to The Rather Difficult Font Game, and while I didn't do quite as well as I should have, I still had a good time wasting my evening away trying to beat my highest score (24/34)...

How well do you know your Serifs?

[pssst! Can you find the A Blog Next Door draped in the suggestively titled 'Group Sex' font? How about the BSG or the Star Wars font? The Chinese Takeaway font? - all found on www.1001freefonts.com]

1 comment:

Vance said...

You know, the guy next to me essentially chooses from fonts all day as a living...!