Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bra Boys, or How I couldn't make this up even if I wanted to

Bra Boys.
And no, it is not a fan-made youtube video starring amateur actors trying to make it to Funny or Die by monologuing about being boys while wearing bras... though it should be. Instead, "Bra Boys is a film about the cultural evolution of the inner-Sydney beachside suburb of Maroubra and the social struggle of its youth - the tattoed and much maligned surf community known as the Bra Boys."
This is where I ask myself (in horribly offensive, albeit funny Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy! slang): what kind of baby-stealing dingoes do these Yobbos think they are? And are 'up the duff' Sheilas to be held responsible for what happens down under, g'day mate?
Either way, I couldn't look away from the poster as I passed by it this morning. But, what lured me in? Was it...
...the seemingly ironic title in horrible ghetto-fab font that belongs in an E! Reality TV show?
...the fact that it is narrated by Russel Crowe? Guess his PR people gave up on playing down his rough image after A Good Year?
...the horrible tagline "Blood is thicker than water"? Which in my world can only mean that a vampire will be involved.
...or the fact that from the head down, the guy in the middle is kinda hot? In a Miami/LA Ink sort of way.
Also... where is Matthew Mac-on-a-hey-hey? This seems right up his alley.

3 comments:

Vance said...

Um, I'm sorry. What were you saying? I haven't looked away from the centre of the poster yet...I'll take that manboob anyday...

POP COLONY said...

re: font- please you know it's called "Old Ingles". Have you never seen a pickup in Texas?

re:A Good Year-Don't make me bring my dvd with me! Not that I ever go anywhere without it.

BTW: I think that Vegemite is to blame for this. Consuming that much yeast in hot weather cannot be healthy.

Kholi said...

i thought i was the only one a little caught off guard by that poster.

clearly not .. and i'm still not quite sure what to expect.

so many places to start though.