After several underwhelming episodes, I was glad to see a good Bionic Woman episode that didn't require Ms Sackhoff to come and pick up the slack. Sadly, it made me realise that I was enjoying it not just because of the dialogue (which was inspired: "I feel like Felicity. Only Felicity wasn't a scientist, and she wasn't British, and she went to University to chase a guy, which I didn't - so I don't know why I said that. Okay, you talk.") or the story (which was interesting) but because
a. Jordan Bridges was in it. As if hearing what POP COLONY had to say about its hottie drought they brought on Jordan to fill that gap and it was more than welcome.
b.Michelle Ryan was speaking in British for more than half the episode ("I am an exchange student from Eastenders... ahem. I mean Oxford") and
c. It was like a UBC recruiting brochure come to life, I swear more than 2/3 of the episode were filmed at my lovely Alma Mater. Top 8 places I could identify right away while watching Bionic this week:
8. Walkway near the Freddy Wood Theatre
7. Main Mall (with Flag Pole sans Canadian flag in full view)
6. New Science Buildings (or was it the Forestry Building?)
5. UBC rooftops (very Tru Calling-esque, actually)
4. Koerner Plaza
3. Koerner's Pub (epitomizing Jamie's University experience)
2. Cecil Green House (hosting a student "house party"?)
1. Chan Centre for Performing Arts - where I graduated actually(hosting some sort of 'market'?)
We'll see if it keeps picking up - Katee's gonna be in the next episode (I think) so that's promising.