Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thundercats' Ho! or How I am such an 80s kid

Variety reports that Warner Bros is going ahead with the CG-movie version of that 1980s children's hit Thundercats. This is actually really good news as I am a big fan of the show (if only those dvds were not insanely expensive I would already be reveling in 80s scantily-clad cat-men on a daily basis!). For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about Variety offers a very simplistic summary:

"The property revolves around a group of humanoid cats who must flee the planet of Thundera, which is destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer bent on killing them off."

This obviously doesn't even touch upon the greatest aspects of the story nor does it mention Tygra - that tiger-based, whip-bearing man crush of mine, but just thinking about Thundercats sends me back to my school's sandbox where I played with my Lion-O sword/belt/claw combo and buried my action figurines with my friends. Good Times.

I forget though, that
a. Warner Bros chose this game-director who has no experience in film (and the hell if directing a game is the same as directing a feature film) and
b. Warner Bros needs to be boycotted. Why you ask? No, it is not just because they gave us Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns, but because, as Nikki Finke reports that the studio president has been heard saying "We are no longer doing movies with women in the lead". Yeah. I know. Bitches!
So, we'll see if I actually get around to watching anything by the WB (who, also, on a whim I'll be blaming for killing my childhood as well)

No comments: