Monday, December 10, 2007

Ten Questions, or How I do my very first Meme

The Ten Question Meme

So here goes my first "Meme" sent via ModFab:

1. When you were born, how much did you weigh?
I was born 23 years ago on a sunny morning in October. As for weight I have absolutely no idea... It's not information I try and keep handy. My weight, that is...

2. What's you're sugar poison?
Everything and anything. Baked goods (I'm looking at you Tim Horton's!), candy (I'm craving Starburst and Skittles now), chocolate (anyone have Ferrero handy?) and pretty much anything else (cheesecake! pies! chocolate covered [insert anything here]...!)

3. If you had to choose between meat and cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Then be specific.
Meat. I like cheese, but c'mon: bacon? sausages? chorizo? beef? white meat? pork? steaks? burgers? any combination of the above?

4. What, in your opinion, is the worst song ever?
I guess I'm such a positive person [insert snort here] that I have never given this any thought. But then, the boyfriend for example would say that I'm just not passionate enough to hate anything. Let's give it a try: James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful' seems to facile an answer. Anything by Manu Chau seems too self-hating. So maybe I'll just go with 'Call On Me' (novelty songs in general actually).

5. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?
Readers will probably have noticed I keep dodging the specificity of the questions and privilege instead multiple answers: Mr Lovett in high school (I wouldn't have made it to Vancouver if it wasn't for him) and Dr Guy-Bray during University (where else would I have gotten my acerbic sense of humour from?)

6. What personal activity, when performed in public, bothers you the most?
Breastfeeding? But then that at least has a purpose - to calm a child (which really should always be your priority) which segways nicely into my pet-peeve: screaming children. But then "children" isn't really a personal activity is it? Hrm.

7. Ok, there's a $50 bill lying on the ground. You pick it up. Dumbfounded by your incredible luck, what do you selfishly purchase?
Probably a TV DVD box-set (they're so damn expensive this sort of disposable cash would make for an ideal guilt-free purchase). Maybe a Broadway show? (I have not seen as many since my move East, really). Or y'know... a scandalous night full of debauchery with friends. Would depend on my mood (and the company of course).

8. Do you have a recurring nightmare? If so, explain.
I rarely dream at all. Some believe it makes me uninteresting (but what do other people know about interesting, really?) but I think it just means I have a very good unconscious cleansing team working 24/7 to keep it from getting cluttered and wanting it to appear in these so-called "dreams" people keep telling me about.

9. Name one place on Earth you've never been, but vow to visit at least once.
Prior to September it was New York (done!) but now... Probably Australia, if only to go and visit the boyfriend in his natural habitat.

10. You notice that question #9 wasn't really a question. You feel smart for catching such a small detail. What else can you do really well that reminds you how smart you are?
I can use words like 'heteronormativity,' 'deconstruction,' and 'hermeneutics' correctly (what kind of Grad Student would I be if I couldn't?) On the non-academic side, I can (albeit less skillfully than others) tap into a mental imdb: just this past week I made it through an entire dinner being able to mention Sarah Michelle Gellar Prinze's roles as they related to the conversation in 10-15 minute intervals (prompts? D-War, Jason Behr, Joan of Arcadia, Southland Tales...)

Tagging for Ten Questions: POP COLONY, Tapeworthy, and QTA

1 comment:

Vance said...

Oh NO I've been tagged! You have an Ozzie BF? Lucky bitch! Hmm... we should play mental imdb wars... you might actually pose a challenge to me. I'm undefeated amongst my circle (sad sad ducklings they are).