Vance from Tapeworthy tagged me for this one.
Here are The Rules: Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
1. I'm a geek. This might not be such a surprise, but while I was trying to think of something that counts as a "fact" and I looked around my living room, my BSG DVDs, my Brian K. Vaughan's comics, and my Anya action figures caught my eye.
2. Growing up I loved Adam West's Batman. Yes, according to my mom those POW! CRACK! ZOOM! series was the only thing that would shut me up. (My favorite villain? The Riddler and Catwoman, here's hoping Nolan's taking notes).
3. I have lived in 5 different cities so far: Medellin & Bogota growing up in Colombia, Vancouver for my undergrad years, and New Brunswick, NJ and currently NYC for my graduate degree. Yay diversity!
4. I grew up watching Latin American soap operas. Sure, I watched Growing Pains, Saved by the Bell and Quantum Leap but I spent most of my time in front of my Tv watching such things as the original Ugly Betty (Betty la Fea), Cafe con Aroma de Mujer, Perro Amor, La Proxima Victima, Las Juanas and if you haven't heard of 'em, well you should look them up.
5. Animation runs in the family business (how did this meme become a "let's make sense of mB's interests according to his tastes"?) Just check out the opening sequence for the animated version of Ugly Betty - Betty Toonz:
6. I was a huge Musical Theater kid in High School (hard to believe right?) I was in the ensembles for Alice in Wonderland, Oliver!, played Fizzy in Bugsy Malone (yeah, yeah... I know!) and in my senior year we put on Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood where I was First Voice... and yeah, we did it on stage which was kind of... tricky.
7. Everyone who knows me says I should have diabetes - mainly 'cause of all the sugar I eat (and how comparatively thin I am). Hmm.. dulce de leche, sweetened condensed milk, brownies, ice cream - and yes, I mean at the same time! This is usually funny (and envy-inducing) except when I try and break the ice with such a comment and get a deadpan (and quite true) "Oh, I have diabetes." True story... happened a couple of months ago. Which probably also suggests I tend to have my foot in my mouth.
Now, 7 people?